Monday, December 14, 2009

Ok......something is on my heart and I feel that I need to share and get it out. I have been a reader of blogs for several years...............I have found some good ones...............ones that encouraged me in my walk of life. The thing I want to talk about is those blogs that you read that make you feel worse than better. Those blogs that are uplifting but leave you feeling like a failure in your role as a wife and mom. Those blogs that the women seem like they have it all together and that they don't have any bad days. Now I know that everyone has bad days and maybe these women choose to not focus on the bad days that they have but the problem with that is for us women who are already feeling down and discouraged and just need to read about another wife and mom who has been there before.

I know for myself...........I have a lot of areas in my life that need changing and I need to read how others handled change in their lives. I don't want to read about the mom who has a wonderful marriage and wonderful children...............where is the truth at? Are some people just afraid to be real that others would see the truth............that you do have bad days and that's ok. We are all human.

So if you read this............share your thoughts. I would love to read them.

1 comment:

  1. I am right there with you.. I find that reading those blogs I am inspired but then I am afraid to comment or let them read my blog because I am in no way like them.. so I keep my distance. I also find that I try to refrain from writing alot in my blog because I feel the same. I am human, I have struggles .. and I need to know I am not alone.

    That reminds me of something from a time when David was little. I was very inspired by this mother in our church.. She just seemed to have it all together. It was also intimidating to get too close. She gave me alot of advice on parenting but when I failed (which I did alot) I couldn't confide in her.. years later I found out she had the same parenting struggles.. It would have been a tremendous support if I had known that.

    ReplyDelete