Friday, December 18, 2009

Choices

As I was sitting here pondering what to write for this blog............the word Choices came to mind. Well just in choosing to go with this title was a choice.................we make choices everyday in our lives. The choice I want to talk about today is the choice that we have to make on weather to go on our feelings or to go with the truth in God's word.

I know for myself every morning I wake up..........no matter what mood I wake up in I have a choice to go with that feeling or go with what God's word says.............This is the day the Lord hath made...I will rejoice and be glad in it.......Ps. 118:24

Every winter I get the winter blues...........more like the seasonal depression that some people suffer from. I can get so low that it effects every area of my life........my roles as a wife, mom, homeschool teacher........you name it it is effected. On those days it's very important that I don't go with my feelings because those feeling tell me that I need to wallow in this sadness........these are especially the times that I need to get into God's word and see what the truth says....................But you are a shiled around me, O Lord.......you bestow glory on me and lift up my head....Ps. 3:3

Another area that I deal with is fear...........sometimes when fear comes upon me I can get frozen by that fear and not be able to function at all............these are the times I need to choose God's word over my feelings................The Lord did not give me a spirit of fear but a spirit of power, love, and a sound mind..........1Tim. 1:7

With the economy the way it is I'm sure that we all have had some anxiety and worry but we can choose to stay in those feelings or we can choose what God's word says..........Cast all my anxiety and worries on Him because He cares for me.............1 Peter 5:7

The list could go on and on and I am hoping that you get my point in all this and choose to make the right choice and choose God's word....the truth over what you feelings are telling you. We all have choices in our life........the important thing we choose the right choice.

Be Blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment