Sunday, October 18, 2009

Saddened today

Today I am saddened.............normally I write about upbeat things but I feel the need to share today what's on my heart. I am saddened for my daughter.........you see we attend a fairly big church (about 600) and we do have to travel to get there.............about 25 minutes one way. The travel part doesn't really bother us except when it comes to making friends. You see most everyone lives close to church so it's easy for them to get together. My daughter gets her feelings hurt when she sees her friends getting together and she gets left out. I don't know what to do about it.............it really saddens me when I see her hurt.

Has anyone experienced this and what did you do or are doing about it?

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear that your are experiencing these things with your daughter...not much fun at all.

    How about inviting one friend over (at a time) for the afternoon on Sundays between services...or the whole family for the rest of the day if you don't have evening service. It will provide an opportunity to visit and encourage friendships for your girl...with the added benefit of new friends for you and your husband. Then you can do the same thing the next week with another family.

    Hope you get it sorted out.
    Blessings,
    Camille

    ReplyDelete